Mount Baldy Dental
We strive to provide the highest quality dental care in a friendly, comfortable, and professional environment at our Sandpoint offices.
Thank you for visiting Mt Baldy Dental Center! We are located in Sandpoint, Idaho and offer a full range of comprehensive dental services for the entire family. Please take a moment to get to know our dentists, staff, and services by clicking on one of the links above.
We strive to provide the highest quality dental care in a friendly, comfortable, and professional environment.
Congratulations to Dr. Todd M. House, DMD on winning the 2015 Patients’ Choice Awards for Dentistry in Sandpoint, ID
- Graduated from high school in Boise in 1988
- Attended the University of Idaho and received a B.S. in Zoology,
- Met his soul mate and soon to be wife Cari in Sandpoint
- Attended dental school at Temple University in Philadelphia
- Returned to Sandpoint to start their careers and family
- Enjoys skiing, mountain biking, camping and spending time with his two daughters, Addilyn and Gracyn, in his free time.
Dr. House is very active with his continuing education with an emphasis in cosmetic dentistry, implant surgery, implant prosthodontics, gingival surgery and bone grafting.
He has attended numerous courses by the well respected prosthodontists Dr. Frank Spears and Dr. John Kois, the Perio Institute, and the Zimmer Institute in San Diego for advanced implant training.
Dr. House is a charter member of the Inland Empire Periodontal Study Club which is dedicated to the advancement of clinical skills in implant and periodontal surgery, and an active member of the American Dental Association and the Idaho State Dental Association.
We are excited to welcome our new associate dentist, Greg Prins, to Mt. Baldy Dental. Dr. Prins grew up in Walla Walla Washington and attended the University of Idaho for his undergraduate education. He graduated with honors from Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine in Glendale Arizona. Greg and his wife Amber recently moved to Sandpoint to be close to her family in Priest River and are proud to call the wonderful community of Sandpoint home.
They love spending time on the water, and in the mountains, hiking, camping, fishing and enjoying all that the area has to offer. Greg also loves bringing antiques back to life, among other projects he is currently restoring a 1950’s Willys Jeep. Greg looks forward to providing high quality patient-centered dental care to the Sandpoint community.
For a new patient exam we provide a comprehensive exam including any required images and x-rays. We then discuss treatment options including recommended and alternate treatments, and providing you with a treatment plan and cost estimate. To save time at your appointment you may print and fill out the following new patient forms before your visit:
We provide a comprehensive exam including any required images and x-rays. We then discuss treatment options including recommended and alternate treatments, and providing you with a treatment plan and cost estimate. In the case of an emergency visit we will focus on diagnosing the problem and planning any treatment needed. This usually includes an exam, taking required x-rays, and discussing treatment options and considerations. We are often able to provide same day treatment depending on your needs and schedule constraints.
We accept all dental insurance plans, and are in network providers for Delta Dental of Idaho and Blue Cross of Idaho.
We will prepare all the necessary forms for this important benefit. However, we remind you that your policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company, not between your insurance company and our office.
We can make no guarantee of any estimated coverage, but we’ll do our best to see that you receive your maximum benefits. Please keep in mind that you are responsible for your total obligation should your insurance benefits result in less coverage than anticipated.
If you would like to know what your expected coverage will be, we will submit a pre-treatment estimate. Your insurer will generally send a detailed response within 4-6 weeks.
You may bring in recent x-rays taken at another dental office. We may need to take additional radiographs if the films you bring in do not clearly show the structures we need to see, or are not recent enough.
We offer financing through CareCredit
If your treatment is not completely covered by your dental insurance provider, or if you don’t have dental insurance, we offer alternative payment options. At Mount Baldy Dental, we work with third-party lender CareCredit® to make necessary treatments accessible and elective procedures more affordable for every patient.
CareCredit comes with an array of budget-friendly benefits:
- Flexible terms, including 0% or low-interest financing.
- Instant approval for immediate access to funds.
- Coverage of needed or elective treatments.
- Financing can be allocated solely for use with your dental implants or in conjunction with other treatments.
If you have questions about financing your dental treatment, our team is happy to assist you. Call us today to discuss your financing options!
Periodontal (gum) disease is a common problem that endangers teeth, causes bad breath, and destroys the tooth-supporting tissues in the mouth. It is now understood that this condition is also linked to serious systemic problems such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, coronary artery disease, and more. Some of the services Mount Baldy Dental Center provides related to periodontal disease include:
•Thorough and careful diagnosis.
•Scaling and root planning (root debridement therapy or deep cleaning).
•Regular maintenance appointments.
•Soft tissue grafts in areas of gingival recession.
•Referral to a specialist (Periodontist) when appropriate.
Once dental decay penetrates a tooth’s enamel, it reaches a softer layer of tooth structure called dentin. Cavities can progress rapidly through dentin toward the nerve of the tooth, so it is very important to remove all decay and place a filling before this occurs.
•Mount Baldy Dental Center places only composite resin (tooth-colored) fillings.
•This is a durable and attractive material that is bonded in place and light-cured.
•We use advanced placement techniques to ensure that all tooth decay is removed and to avoid sensitivity that sometimes occurs with new fillings.
•Mount Baldy Dental Center does not place silver/mercury fillings.
When a tooth becomes infected or broken to the point that it is not fixable it should be extracted. Mount Baldy Dental Center offers a variety of oral surgical options if you need to have a tooth pulled:
• Simple and surgical tooth extractions.
• Advanced anesthetics to provide adequate anesthesia.
• Conservative extraction techniques to make the procedure more comfortable and preserve as much bone as possible.
• Socket preserving bone grafts at the time of extraction. A socket preservation graft is very important for conserving bone for the support of a dental implant or other dental appliance.
Cracked or fractured teeth, teeth that have large cavities or defective fillings, and root-canaled teeth often need crowns for protection and improved appearance.
• Mount Baldy Dental offers both esthetic porcelain and noble metal crowns depending on your preferences and needs.
• All of our crowns are made in American dental laboratories with certified high-quality, bio-compatible materials, and the best custom workmanship.
• We use durable, advanced types of cement to bond crowns securely into place.
A bridge is a dental prosthesis which is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges are made of porcelain and usually have a metal substructure for strength.
They are permanent, cemented prosthetic pieces which restore missing teeth to proper form, function and appearance.
Cavities that penetrate dentin and reach the nerve chamber of a tooth can cause extreme pain, inflammation, and aggressive infection. Some of the techniques and materials Mount Baldy Dental uses to perform root canals are:
• Digital x-rays for improved imaging, lower levels of exposure to x-rays, and a faster procedure.
• Rotary Instrumentation for faster and more complete cleaning of canals.
• Advanced anesthetics to provide adequate anesthesia.
• Advanced antiseptic techniques to ensure that the root canals we perform are thorough and effective.
• If we are not confident that we can provide you with an outstanding result, we will refer you to a root canal specialist who can.
Dental implants are one of the most promising and exciting advances in modern dentistry. An implant is a small titanium screw that is placed in the jawbone in the location of a missing tooth.
The implant is then used to support an individual crown or a denture. We place both denture-supporting and individual implants. Mount Baldy Dental Center also offers bone grafting services to augment the jawbone when necessary to support a dental implant.